One of the hardest parts to couponing is starting! People don’t think about it, but there is a stigma with couponing. In order to do it you have to shake off all those judgements associated with it, because they can make you feel very nervous at the register. A lot of people are afraid of what the people in line will think of them, and whether the cashier is going to be confrontational, or the coupon will scan (I know I did when I started). In all reality, those things don’t happen all that often! Most of the time the coupon scans, the cashier is nice, and the line is impressed! But when they do happen they are not your problem! Your problem is to get out of the store paying as little as possible so don’t worry about them! Wherever that stigma came from, it isn’t correct! It doesn’t matter how much money you have, how old you are, what gender you are, or where you live. Couponing is for everyone, because it saves you money. It can be very intimidating, and overwhelming so people tend to get stuck in wanting to try but never actually doing it. If you are one of these people that are a little afraid all you have to do is follow the directions below, and refer to what we talked about above!
- Get/Find Coupons (refer to other FAQ if you need help learning where to find them)
- Cut and sort coupons
- Read coupons to understand the rules
- Find deals to use coupons on (you can find deals on Bargain Bombshells, if you are looking for a specific item look for it under “Search Deals” and it will search that item in all the deals that are on Bargain Bombshells)
- Grab your coupons and go purchase items you found deals for!
- Post your amazing haul on the Bargain Bombshells Facebook group!!!
- Feel like the coolest person EVER!!! You are a rockstar!!
The best way to start is to jump in head first! There is nothing you can do that can’t be undone. Anytime you make a mistake you can just go to the service desk, and return what you bought. Do. Not. Be. Afraid. You GOT THIS!!